Indonesia Election Commission (KPU) forges to continue organizing next year's presidential election, defying a surprise ruling by the Jakarta District Court to halt all elections.
Earlier, Home Affairs Minister Tito Karnavian confirmed that more acting regional heads will be installed in the coming months, and Jakarta will have its acting governor in October.
Several political parties submitted their applications on the first day.
40 Parties Register to Participate in Indonesia's 2024 General Election
TheIndonesia.id - The General Election Commission (KPU) of the Republic of Indonesia recorded that 40 political parties (political parties) officially registered as participants for the 2024 General Election until the closing deadline, Sunday, August 14, at 23:59 Western Indonesia Time. The 40 registered political parties are included in the 43 political parties that hold the KPU RI's political party information system (Sipol) account.
"40 political parties have officially registered as candidates for the 2024 general election," said KPU commissioner August Mellaz at a press conference in Jakarta, Monday morning, August 15, 2022.
Furthermore, he said, of the 40 political parties that registered, 24 political parties' registration files were declared complete and 16 political parties were in the process of being examined. "Three political parties, namely the Reform Prosperous Peace Party, the Indonesian Student Party, and the People's Party, have not registered until the deadline is determined," said August.
The 24 political parties whose files are declared complete are:
1. Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDIP)
2. Justice and Unity Party (PKP)
3. Prosperous Justice Party (PKS)
4. The Indonesian Unity Party (Perindo)
5. NasDem Party
6. Crescent Star Party (UN)
7. Nusantara Awakening Party (PKN)
8. Garuda Party
9. Democratic Party
10. Gelora Party
11. Hanura Party
12. Gerindra Party
13. National Awakening Party (PKB)
14. Golkar Party (Golkar)
15. National Mandate Party (PAN)
16. United Development Party (PPP)
17. Indonesian Solidarity Party (PSI)
18. Labor Party
19. Ummah Party
20. Republican Party
21. Prosperous People's Party (Prima)
22. Indonesian Republican Party
24. Republican One Party
Furthermore, the 16 political parties that are currently being examined are:
1. Reform Party
2. Indonesian Sovereign State Party (Pandai)
3. The Indonesian People's Democratic Party (PDRI)
4. People's Sovereignty Party
5. Berkarya Party
6. The Indonesian Party Rises United
7. Pelita Party
8. Congress Party
9. Republican Work Party (PAKAR)
10. Indonesian Bhinneka Party
11. National Scout Party
12. Perkasa Party
13. Masyumi Party
14. Peaceful Love of the Nation Party
15. The Nation Unifying Party
16. Sovereign Party