TheIndonesia.id - The General Elections Committee, or KPU, has announced 17 political parties eligible to compete in the upcoming 2024 election.
As reported by Antara, KPU chairman announced the list of partai politik (or parpol) as well as their serial numbers at the committee’s headquarters in Jakarta on the evening of Wednesday, December 14.
Based on applicable regulation, serial numbers for political parties were decided in two methods: the nine parpol in parliament were allowed to choose between using their number in previous election or joining a draw while other parpol must join the draw to get the number used in ballots.
The registration period in KPU began on August 1, and the general election is set to take place on February 14, 2024.
Below are the political parties (in numerical order) that will be competing in Indonesia’s 2024 election.
- Partai Kebangkitan Bangsa (PKB) or National Awakening Party,
- Partai Gerakan Indonesia Raya (Gerindra),
- Partai Demokrasi Indonesia Perjuangan (PDIP) or Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle,
- Partai Golongan Karya (Golkar),
- Partai Nasional Demokrat (Nasdem) or National Democrat Party,
- Partai Buruh or Labour Party,
- Partai Gelombang Rakyat Indonesia (Gelora) or Indonesian People’s Wave Party,
- Partai Keadilan Sejahtera (PKS) or Prosperous Justice Party,
- Partai Kebangkitan Nusantara (PKN) or Nusantara Awakening Party,
- Partai Hati Nurani Rakyat (Hanura) or People’s Conscience Party,
- Partai Gerakan Perubahan Indonesia (Garuda),
- Partai Amanat Nasional (PAN) or National Mandate Party,
- Partai Bulan Bintang (PBB) or Crescent Star Party,
- Partai Demokrat or Democratic Party,
- Partai Solidaritas Indonesia (PSI) or Indonesian Solidarity Party,
- Partai Persatuan Indonesia (Perindo), and
- Partai Persatuan Pembangunan (PPP) or United Development Party.