Indonesia Appoints Four Spokespersons for G20 Presidency

Indonesia Appoints Four Spokespersons for G20 Presidency

They are Airlangga Hartarto, Retno Marsudi, Sri Mulyani and Perry Warjiyo. The government has categorized the issues that the intergovernmental forum will take up into two meeting tracks -- the Sherpa Track and the Financial Track


Sri Mulyani Claimed Finance Ministry Employees Wealth Report Still Ongoing

Arsito Hidayatullah
Indonesian Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati. [Antara]
Indonesian Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati. [Antara] - Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati emphasized that the reporting process of the 2022 state official wealth report (LHKPN) at the Ministry of Finance is still ongoing until March 31, 2023.

As reported by Antara, she made the statement to respond to news that implied that the Finance Ministry employees have not been compliant with reporting their wealth, resulting in upset reactions from netizens.

"The Ministry of Finance obligates its employees to report their LHKPN, tax and wealth report application (Alpha), and annual tax return (SPT) earlier, before February 28, 2023," Sri Mulyani said as quoted from her official Instagram account on Sunday.

She said that as of February 23, 2022, there were 18,306 or 56.87 percent employees of the Finance Ministry who have reported, with the remaining 13,885 employees, or 43.13 percent, have not yet reported.

From 2017-2020, the Finance Ministry achieved a 100 percent level of compliance with the LHKPN reports.

In 2021, only one employee at the ministry did not complete the documents, resulting in a compliance rate of 99.99 percent.

The LHKPN is regulated in Law No. 30 of 2002, which was amended by Law No. 19 of 2019. It obligates state officials, who carry out executive, legislative, or judicial functions and other officials related to the state administration, to report their wealth.

Sri Mulyani explained that not all employees in the Finance Ministry are required to report their wealth through the LHKPN, but only employees and officials who have been listed in the Ministerial Decree No. 83 of 2021.

In 2021, at least 33,370 employees in the Ministry of Finance were required to report their wealth through LHKPN, and in 2022, the number was recorded at 32,191 employees.

The Minister explained that employees who are not required to report to LHKPN still report their assets and tax returns through Alpha, an internal reporting app.

Since 2021, the LHKPN reporting through e-lhkpn has been integrated with Alpha, so required employees should only report once.

Tag # finance minister # sri mulyani # lhkpn # state official # wealth report

Latest news

Top Headlines