Gmail also has an Archive feature, where you can archive your old email messages, making it no longer clutter up your inbox.
Sending an email to the wrong recipient is the worst nightmare. So, here is how to unsend an email in Gmail.
Here's how to change your Gmail password quickly and easily.
How to Stop Receiving Spam Emails in Gmail, Easy and Safe Tutorial!
TheIndonesia.id - It's undeniable that you often use your Gmail account to register for social media accounts such as Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, and other websites. It makes the Gmail inbox flooded with unwanted spam emails. So, how to stop receiving spam emails in Gmail?
Gmail has several built-in features for reporting spam emails. You can also block annoying users from sending these spam emails by using Gmail's Block or Report spam feature. This feature is the easiest way to stop receiving spam emails.
Then how do you block spam emails? Here is how to block spam emails in Gmail quoting from HiTekno.com.
How to Block Spam Emails in Gmail
- If you want to report a message as spam, you must first open this email as normal.
- Now, tap on the three-dot menu. You can find the three-dot Menu in the top right corner of the message.
- You will see a 'Report spam' button on the three-dot menu. Click this button and the message will be reported to Google. It will also be sent to your Gmail spam folder.
There is also a 'Block Name' option available in the three-dot menu. Clicking this button will block that user. Users can block and unblock other users in Gmail as needed.
Gmail also provides filters that allow users to sort emails into different folders wisely. These folders/filters are also a great way to block spam emails in Gmail. Then how do you create folders/filters in Gmail?
How to Create Folders or Filters in Gmail
- First, open the email/sender that created the spam.
- Then click on the three-dot Menu icon and then select the “Filter messages like this” option.
- You will be directed to the advanced search popup. You must fill in the required fields to set up the filter.
- You can simply include all emails from a specific sender, or you can include a subject, size, or status of the email attachment.
- Once done, tap on the 'Create filter' button.
- Now, you can select emails that you feel are spam. If you believe every email in a particular filter is junk, tick the 'Delete' option.
A safer way is to use the 'Skip Inbox' option. Using this option will prevent the message from going to the main list of messages. You can combine it with the 'Apply label' and any labels you'd like to create, such as Potential Spam. This will allow you to review spam emails without obscuring the main message list.
That's how to block spam emails in Gmail that you can do. This method can help you clean up your email and keep Gmail from filling up fast.