The Indonesian government lifted all of the Covid-19 restrictions on December 30th, 2022, as the country is inching toward an endemic phase.
The circular letter is effective starting on August 25, 2022.
President Joko Widodo bestowed honorary signs of Bintang Mahaputera Pratama, Bintang Budaya Parama Dharma, and Bintang Jasa to 127 figures during the award ceremony at the State Palace, Jakarta, on Friday, August 12, 2022.
What Is Long Covid? The Symptoms You Need to Know
TheIndonesia.id - For most people, light or moderate Covid-19 only last for two weeks. However, for some others, long-term Covid-19 can cause a series of persistent health problems. For example, is the Long Covid-19.
Long covid is a condition of Covid-19 symptoms experienced by patients who have recovered from the Covid-19 infection. Long Covid is a long-term symptom of Covid-19 that is experienced by patients several months after infection or during the recovery period.
From a number of studies, long Covid is often found in patients aged 18-34 years. Around 20 percent of long Covid patients experience persistent symptoms.
Long Covid can reduce a person's health quality, which might cause severe symptoms in special cases in the future.
In general, long Covid symptoms are related to the disease of the ear, nose, and throat, including:
- Loss of the ability to smell (anosmia) and impaired sense of smell in identifying odors (parosmia).
- Loss of the ability to taste (dysgeusia) is also one of the symptoms that are often found in patients with long Covid.
- Other symptoms that often appear are coughing, shortness of breath, muscle aches, diarrhea, nausea, malaise, abdominal pain, and nervous disorders.
- It is also possible to appear in the form of difficulty thinking, shortness of breath, heart rhythm disturbances, and other Covid symptoms.
How to Detect Long Covid
Primaya Hospital Bekasi pathology specialist, Dr. Muhammad Irhamsyah SpPK M.Kes, explained that there are several stages to detecting patients with long covid.
- Physical examination
- Past medical history
- Further examinations by expert doctors to determine that the patient is experiencing symptoms of long Covid. Investigations also play a very important role in helping clinically whether the symptoms are Covid-19 or not.